Friday, February 28, 2014

Wig-Wam

So I made a tipi the other day. I don't know why I did this, or why I felt the need to do it. I am sure I will figure it out as I go along. I suppose It is a starting point for the new, but short semester. Right now my research seems to be more interesting than my work and I am not really sure were I am right now with it. Maybe Gaston Bachelard's 'The Poetics of Space,' has the answer?
The photos I took with my old analogue did not come out very well at all, but at least you get the idea.

"We bring our lairs with us."




"The house shelters daydreaming, the house protects the dreamer, 
The house allows one to dream in piece." 
-'The Poetics of Space,' Gaston Bachelard




'Transcending our memories of all the houses in which we have found shelter, above and beyond all the houses we have dreamed we lived in, can we isolate an intimate, concrete essence that would be a justification of the uncommon value of all our images of protected intimacy?'
-'The Poetics of Space,' Gaston Bachelard

No comments:

Post a Comment