Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Harpies


Some of the little harpies I have been working on fresh out of the pit this morning. Not a successful firing, I say there were some air bubbles and I say the weather was against me. The pieces should have still been hot when I opened the pit but with all the rain last night, the water got in and the ash was damp. A nuisance; anyway in my usual frugal fashion I just glued what needed to be glued and polished them up with beeswax. I like how the breaks and cracks make them look like ancient fertility relics, like the Venus de Willendorf. I will probably make more of these at some point. I would like to step back from sculpture and do more print and drawing again but that seems an impossible feat, climbing a mountain would be an easier task, and seems less overwhelming. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment