Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Hour of the Dog


Cover


Here is a little book I made. The book is made using a simple accordion fold. I made the spine out of fabric and stitch.
The drawings are mono-prints of dreams I have had. For some reason all the dreams involve dogs in some way, shape or form.
I have to say there is something about sharing my dreams that makes me feel very exposed. Dreams are so personal, its like having someone walk around your head and poke through your thought without you knowing.. I'm not sure I like it.....
The drawings are simple and fun, I wasn't worried about perfection and such.  It was fun.
The title is from an expression I heard on the radio, 'The hour between dog and wolf.' Which is apparently a common french expression for describing the twilight hour, the end of the afternoon and the beginning of the evening.

Spine


Hand stitched spine




Inside

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

No comments:

Post a Comment