Really good and simple recipe ready in twenty-five minutes. Serves 4 or two very hungry people, it also depends how big your aubergines are. Ours were quit small and because we were quit hungry we managed one and a half each!
Very filling, although it is a vegetarian dish, it will suit meat lovers as the aubergines are almost meat like. You can eat the skins also.
I would recommend eating this with some light soy sauce and of course sweet chili.
The recipe recommends it is served with salad and/or cous cous.
What you will need;
3 tbsp olive oil
2 aubergines, halved length ways
(or more depending on the size of your aubergines)
1x 150g ball mozzarella, drained and sliced
(I used two balls)
Handful of basil leaves or dried basil
Preheat the oven to 200c/fan 180c/gas mark 6.
1. Drizzle the oil over the aubergines and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until softened.
2. Meanwhile slice the tomatoes and the mozzarella.
3. When aubergines are cooked arrange the tomatoes then the mozzarella on top of the aubergines.
(sprinkled basil on top, you can add garlic or whatever you like for taste)
4. Return to the oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
5. Scatter over some basil leaves.
(I added the dried basil before I put it back in the oven to melt the cheese has it really added to the flavor.)
Nutrition Per Serving:
213 calories 6g saturated fat
9g protein 4 g fiber
7g carbs 6g sugar
17g fat 0.41g salt