Monday, January 10, 2011

Assement set-up


"My studio has a personality of its own. It can be a monstrous clutter from one end to the other or, at times, the very model of simplicity."
-Harley Brown

Well all my work has been set up for my assessment tomorrow, Tuesday the 11th at 11:45.
Looking at everything set up in this photo makes me feel ill. It doesn't look like I have a lot done. It takes so long to do so little. I just want everything to be perfect.
Hopefully it looks ok and my work will go down well tomorrow.
I'll be glad when it is all over.

Artists Statment

My work on this project has always been about the dying earth and the growing city.
It started out on more of the emotional side, trying to illustrate the frustration of a dying land, and the closterfobic feelings one has when in the full of people, and pollution.
It then turned more surreal after I focused on the wild animals that are learning to adapt in their new urban environment. Such as the fox and the hare/rabbit.
I wanted to focus on mother earth, combining her image with that of animal and human, living amongst the city.
I wanted to tell stories, and to explore hidden worlds in the city streets that we as humans choose to ignore, and forget about as we grow older.
In the end the pieces I created focused on nature, and that even though it is delicate and fragile, in reality we are the delicate ones. It wouldn’t take much for nature to wipe us out and to start fresh.
We are small in her hands.


"The studio, a room to which the artist consigns himself for life, is naturally important, not only as workplace, but as a source of inspiration. And it usually manages, one way or another, to turn up in his product."
-Grace Gluek


No comments:

Post a Comment