Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Chan Marshall

Its almost like a pinprick; it's like the pupils in someone's eyes.
If you really stare into them, you go beyond their head, into the universe.
There's a little bit of space that's behind your brain.
When I'm playing and my eyes roll into the back of my head, I'm trying to get to the back of my mind, because that is where I daydream.
I can see images and I don't really have any control.
 I'm trying to get close to that experience when I'm up there on stage ---
this thread that were all joined to through our eyes.
People talk about auras and things like that, but I guess I'm just trying to be almost without a body, or without a mind, to get to that one note and let it just live.
 I like to find something in the song that makes me feel safe or free or relaxed.
I try so hard to hold onto that moment.
-Chan Marshall (Cat Power)

1 comment:

  1. Leonora Carrington died. Thought you'd want to know.
    --just a passerby and fellow art-lover

    ReplyDelete