Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Switched

So, I guess I have switched to printmaking. Painting was not what I thought it would be, but I am glad I had a go, so now I know what ill be missing and what I really wanted.
I think I will be happier in print, I will be learning a skill that will last a lifetime, and I think with printmaking I will be able to get my ideas across more successfully. At least now, I am learning something and am able to keep my mind busy. But when it comes down to it I am an 'Artist,' so that does not mean I am limited to whats in the print room, I can still try and do other things and practice other skills. Art is not limited and is always changing.
I now I have made the right decision, and feel better for it. Hopefully second ranking will go well for me, all I need to do now is catch up on some sleep! :O)


The Project in print is based on Identity, 'Id.' So I am working from ideas in my personal notebook and some new ones. To sum it up my project are based more on memories and dreams.
At the moment my etchings are pretty dull, and simple, I would like to get into something more complex, at least a bit of colour anyway, I will have to see how It goes. I'm a good bit behind everyone else, since they had ranking in print they now a good bit more than me, but I am learning and am catching up slowly...So we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment