Tuesday, March 6, 2012

India Richer






I really love this artists work. It is rather scary when you find someone whose ideas are so similar to your own.....

India Richer 

Artist Statement
My paintings are visual expressions of internal problems, moments of transformation or self examination. I use animals and children as symbols for the intense and absurd emotional states these moments can create. I'm interested in the dichotomy of things, and how a situation can appear on the surface to be one thing, but upon closer inspection will reveal itself to be something completely unexpected. I find inspiration in the suspended reality of dreams in which events and imagery do not follow the guidelines of physics or logic, and the fantasy of fairy tales where sweetness and simplicity often lead to dark twists of fate.
'Wolves,' - Watercolour
'Tightrope Walker' - Watercolour

'Down the Hole' - Watercolour and pencil

No comments:

Post a Comment