Thursday, September 19, 2013

The National Museum of Women in the Arts, Washington D.C

While in Washington D.C I also went to the National Museum of Women in the Arts. I again saw some amazing art and many works by artist who I idolise and refer to regularly in my studio work. It is a much smaller space compared the National Gallery, and a lot less over whelming.  I was lucky enough to see the mid-life retrospective of Audrey Niffenegger. She is a brilliant printmaker and story creator. I am so glad I was able to see it!
Calhoun by Grandma Moses (Anna Mary Robertson Moses)


Maternal Caress and Mothers Kiss by Mary Cassatt

 La Hamanda (the call) by Remedios Varo


Frida Kahlo and Me!



 Spirituslist by Helen Frankenthaler and Midnight Liverpool Street by Susan Hiller

Queen Victoria by Judy Chicago


 Untitled, lithograph on embossed foil 2/2 by Barbara Kruger and Victorias secret by Rubin Kahn


 Mary Magdalene by Kiki Smith and Untitled by Petah Coyne

Dad and Me at the Audrey Niffenegger exhibition

The Main Hall at the NMWA.

No comments:

Post a Comment