Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Matchbox pin-hole camera


This is the first camera I made out of a matchbox, two rolls of film, tinfoil and a weird looking nail think to turn the film.
It was very easy to make and I have developed two films out of it. They weren't very successful, mostly over exposed. I have yet to make any prints out of them, but hopefully I will learn how to do that, so I will have something to show.
The first film I took, I reckon the hole was to big and my exposure time was way to long, there are only about two visible images on the whole film. The second film I made the hole smaller and shortened my exposure time. Its a lot less black than the other one but I cant really make out whats going on in them, I wont really know till I make prints I suppose. Its a very tedious thing. I think the camera in itself turned out pretty cool though even though the images it has taken may have not.

"Photography deals exquisitely with appearances, but nothing is what it appears to be."
-Duane Michals







No comments:

Post a Comment