Friday, August 12, 2011

Rothko and I


I went to the Carnegie Museum of Art in Pittsburgh yesterday, and by complete surprise I came upon a Mark Rothko. More pacifically, Mark Rothko's, 'Untitled (Yellow, Blue and Orange), 1955.
I never thought I would have the privilege of seeing one of his paintings, I at least thought I would have to go to New York.
It is true though, the emotions you feel when looking at one of his paintings. It might have just been  the surprise and the joy I felt from stumbling across it, but there was definitely an over whelming sense of emotion, a feeling of lightness and happiness.
I hope that is an emotion I can frequent upon often.
I will definitely go back to the Carnegie art museum, even if its just to see, Untitled, (Yellow, Blue, and Orange) again!



No comments:

Post a Comment