Wednesday, May 1, 2013

H.P. Lovecraft

Field in America, taken with my Diana F+ camera
 
I found this quote by chance in a book they were giving away in the library. Its used at the begining of a chapter on the Uncanny. Its from 'The Book' by H.P. Lovecraft. I was thinking of using it as my artists statment as it sums up some of what I am doing.

'Nor could I ever after see the world as I had known it. Mixed with the present scene was always a little of the past and a little of the future, and every once-familiar object loomed alien in the new perspective brought by my widened sight. From then on I walked in a fantastic dream of unknown and half-known shapes; and with each new gateway crossed, the less plainly could I recognise the things of the narrow sphere to which I had so long been bound.' -H.P.Lovecraft, The Book
 
H.P. Lovecraft is a great writter. I have one of his books at home but after finding this quote it has spurred me to invest in more.
The Uncannny is something that keeps touching upon my work, its unavoidable at this stage.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment