Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Photo etching, 2 day course



Last weekend I did a two day photo-etching course at the The Limerick Printmakers with Suzannah O'Reilly. I now feel comfortable enough to do this process on my own. I think it will be a strong factor in my studio practise.  The first etching above, was not wiped enough, I had trouble getting the plate right, and when I went to ink it up to print the second time, unfortunately the film came away from the plate making it a right off. Why it did this, no one knows but I am happy to make another plate of this image as I believe it will be a successful print. The second etching is of an old family photo, I liked the shading and reflection of the cat in the mirror.  Again the film started to come away from the plate, you can see were I tried to repair the damage with a q-tip and ink. The last image was just an experiment with drawing on acetate and exposing it onto the plate. A good way to get different lines, from pen, pencil est. and to transfer a drawing to a plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment