Saturday, May 3, 2014

An Afternoon of Ceramics


With the help of my tutor, at his charming studio we transferred the decals onto my ceramic cones were they will fire away over the weekend. I can't wait to see the results! I also poured a few more slabs with liquid slip as the last ones were not successful. These will be used for my photographs. Its nice to be able to see everything come slowly together. I really love the idea of using decals and printmaking on clay, I think this will open new doors for me and I look forward to doing more with it in the future.


Putting on the decal, a slow and fiddly process, but quit enjoyable.




Decals on and ready to go.


In the Kiln they go.


Firing times for my cones.



Slabs being levelled and the liquid slip poured over.


A day isn't complete without chickens!

No comments:

Post a Comment