Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Urban Environment

For this project i want to explore the impact of the urban environment and how it effects the natural world.
I want to explore the surreal aspect of the city. Focusing on what we don't always notice, such as wildlife and plant life, and what we don't always see.
I want to explore how the spirits of the city and the spirits of nature clash. 
I am inspired by Neil Gaimens book Neverwere and books by Charles De Lint.
   I want this project to take on a story, a life of its own. I want to make people wonder, and question everything no matter how outrageous the idea might be. Why should life be in black and white. We have to open our eyes and look beyond what we see beyond the cracks and through the shadows.


   
 I want people to say to themselves, 'What if?'

No comments:

Post a Comment