Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Baked Eggs


 
This is a very easy recipe, It will serve as many people as you like, but it is great for one.



What you will need;
1 egg
tomatoes, ham, mushrooms, est.
cheese
salt and pepper
A ramkin or small dish


You will need small dishes, or ramkins. When I made this recipe I put to many ingredients in, so there was little room for the egg, so I had to shift the contents around so the egg white had somewhere to go. Some of the yokes ended up breaking but it still tastes the same..

Recipe Picture

This method is a bit like coddling, (that's if you have ever coddled an egg, I haven't so I wouldn't know to compare..) but you don't use any water.

Tomato, ham and a bit of cheese with Basil
Butter a ramekin, and scatter in some chopped ham, chorizo, chopped tomato, mushrooms or whatever else you fancy. I used some ham, a bit of cheese and chopped tomatoes, I also added bit of Basil for taste but you can season it however you like.
If you're using raw chopped bacon, cook it first.


 Crack in an egg, season and sprinkle over a tiny grating of cheese.


The egg is placed on top of your ingredients, as you can see I didn't leave a lot of room for the egg. I added some salt and pepper, and a bit of cheese.

Ramkins on the baking tray before the egg was added..
Place the ramekin on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes at 180°C/ Gas Mark 4 or until cooked to your liking.
Baked eggs
I know it doesn't look very attractive compared to the original recipe photo above, but as you now I added way to much filling, so some of the eggs did leak, also my baking tray is uneven, which didn't help the leakage. I don't like runny eggs, so these were left in a lot longer than 15 minutes. Also I did use tomatoes and the juice from the tomatoes makes the egg seem uncooked, just to warn you!
Either way it is rather yummy.
Its not how it looks its how it tastes that's important!

No comments:

Post a Comment