Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Omen- etching

'Omen'
This is an etching that I did yesterday. It came out better than I thought. I added alot of weight to my lines and was worried they were to open for the ink to sit, but it seems to be fine. The only thing is there are one or two scratches and I am not sure if it adds to it or not....
This dosent really have anything to do with my current project, but it is nice to do something different, maybe I can tie it in somehow...
Im not sure I will hand colour these or do an aquatint, maybe I will aquatint another one on a seperate plate....
The image below has been taken from my sketchbook, I tweaked it in photoshop just to tidy up the binding line and such... I almost prefer the sketchbook image.



'Omen, -sketchbook'

1 comment:

  1. Don't do aquatint!!! You know how unpredictable it is - stick to the hand colouring, much more subtle!!

    ReplyDelete