Wednesday, September 28, 2022

My Soul


A few years ago I did the Kicking the Bucket workshop run by two lovely ladies. This workshop was run around the idea of art and death. To say I enjoyed my experience is an understatement.  An experience that has stuck with me to this day.
As a result of the workshop we made work to take part in a group exhibition in Limerick City Gallery of Art. Below is an example of some of the work I made for this exhibition.  The main installation of my work.
Monoprints in gold ink with embossed text. Hands reaching to Heaven or to the Soul. Hands reaching inbetween life and death.
I suppose this piece is sitting with me heavily lately since I am in my own in-between. Now going through chemo due to breast cancer, not something I ever thought I would write. 
My body is being poisoned to save it. A long haul but there is light at the end of the tunnel and I should count myself lucky.
I tried to rescan these prints but they are best seen in the images originally hung below. There are also prints available. 
I think about the ladies who held this workshop everyday, especially one who sadly passed after her own battle with cancer. A lady I admire greatly, she was so kind to me and their kindness means so much.
I will get through this. I will keep making work. Find the balance. 
I'm sure I could have said something more profound but my brain is mush after the chemo. 




 Original images below



No comments:

Post a Comment