Friday, September 9, 2022

Untitled drawing, 2022



'Untitled,' 2022

I finally finished this drawing today. Well it's more of a collage. The monoprint at the base is done by the artist Dawn West. When Dawn sends gifts she uses her old prints to wrap them. I always keep what I can. This bit was hanging in my studio and I was compelled to use it. When I first worked on this it didn't work out (see below) with some advice from Dawn I cut out the feet and print and placed them on a new piece of paper. Keeping just a small bit of the small silver fish drawings. Adding pressed flowers and drawings of forget me nots. 

If you are familiar with the artist Arno Kramer you may see some inspiration in this piece from his work. The feet actually were from a drawing I did of one of his pieces, in the gallery I occasionally work at, of feet. Arno also cuts out his drawings and re glues them onto other drawings. 

He is an amazing artist and I would highly recomend looking him up especially if your practice is drawing based.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment