Saturday, February 11, 2023

New Drawings

Roosters Song, mono-print with gouache and pencil

Untitled, pencil with gold leaf


 Just finished the Roosters song drawing above. not sure how happy I am with it. been struggling with my drawing and finding inspiration. I need to get out more maybe. Finding the act of drawing hard and not liking my painting/colouring or compositions. Its difficult. Wondering what the hell I'm doing half the time. What its all for, what am i supposed to be working towards besides the cheap high I get from the few likes on Instagram. It has to lead up to some sort of acknowledgement from the art world at some point, some sort of an exhibition. I'm sure it will work out.

Yesterday was my last day of chemo. Six rounds done and dusted. Just need to get over the sickness this round will cause and its onto surgery then radiation. The ride isnt over for another year. Another year of medication to keep the cancer at bay, every 3 weeks. The consultant says there is no reason why I cant have a normal life, but it will still be hard having it hanging over me. What is normal anyway?

It has to be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment