Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cardboard Box Scope Pin-hole Camera


"Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film."
  -Author Unknown



This pinhole camera is made out of a small cardboard box, a lou roll and a plastic cup. I over did it with the black paint since I though you had to paint the whole thing black in order to light proof it, but its only the inside. Annoying really as I would of liked it to be the same colour it was when I first made it.
The lid is were I place the 'light sensitive photo paper.' The lid was made out of the flaps from the original box and some extra cardboard I had lying around. The first photo I took with this camera did not come out very well, neither did the second photo. I think they came out so badly because I did not paint the tinfoil were the pinhole is, black. So the light reflected off of it, creating a black blotch.The cap for the camera is the plastic cup which is also painted black and sealed with black tape. The light sensitive photo paper has to be inserted in red or amber light, normal light will over expose the paper and it will turn black. Unlike film which has to be dealt with in complete darkness.


First Photo
35 second exposure












Second photo
Larger pinhole this time.
6 second exposure



No comments:

Post a Comment